Food intolerances are
very common and may develop at any point throughout a person’s life.
They can vary from person to person and they differ greatly from
classic allergies. They may resemble allergy symptoms but often appear
hours or days after the food has been ingested.
Individuals who have food intolerance issues are not usually able to
make the connection between their health problems and their diet. Our
laboratory testing establishes this link.
Intolerances often result from the interaction of various elements,
which may include:
- Monotonous dietary habits
- Mass production of food
- Alcohol or chronic exposure
- Age of first contact with the antigen
- Nature and amount of the antigen
- Stress and environmental factors
- Intestinal infections
- Genetic predisposition
- Immune status of the host
Referrals from a physician are required.
To schedule your Montreal food intolerance test, please contact